Blogging and peer pressure

I can't remember when i last posted on this blog. Life has been busy. And then there has been conflict of interest. I kept this blog to share my personal musings. But then, that's what I do at Finix Post. How was i supposed to figure out which post should go on which blog?


30 day challenges 
To fix that confusion, i considered taking up various 30 day challenges and post about my progress and views on them. Did that work out? For some time, yes. But my inconsistency and confusion made me give up that idea.
Professional nature of blogging
When i look back at the day of the creation of this blog, i feel a sharp urge to reset my mind back to that time; at least for this blog. Back when i hardly knew about professional blogging, i would use this blog to post anything. I would talk about t.v. Series i liked, books I loved, social issues and anything and everything. It was amazing.
Gradually, i came across professional blogging and everything changed. Now, before writing a post, i have to think about whether my readers will like it or not, i have to give due consideration to SEO and keywords and lots of technical blogging jargon. 
And to be truthful, doing all that just takes the fun out of this hobby i took up a couple of years back. 
But i still need this place to do what no blogger would suggest, to do what today's intelliegnt readers might not prefer, to do what i love. 
What do you think? Have you also experienced your hobbies getting affected by peer pressure? Tell me!

Comments

Popular Posts