My Campus Placements Experience

Today when I was coming back home, (yippee!! Home <3 Food <3) a thought struck my mind. It has been so long since I posted something on PerCepTion. As I have told you before, I am never going to leave PerCepTion (until the domain name www.manpreetkaur.com becomes available). So, I thought it was time to post something over here, to tell you what has been going on in my life.
Well, this time has been a bit different. Instead of being busy with blogging or studies, I was busy watching television shows and reading books. Really? No. As I am in 7th semester of my graduation degree, I needed to sit for campus placements (luckily got 4 job offers till now).


Campus placements
At first, it was a horrible experience. I got rejected, cried, mugged up entire course material again and that kept repeating until that day came. So, my day started very badly. I literally cried while standing in between 10 people who have always known me as a strong and ambitious woman. That was embarrassing.
Then I had to sort all the issues and sit through the placement process. Apart from the issues that were known to almost all who surrounded me at that time, the biggest issue I faced was my anger. I was too angry to talk to anyone. How could someone expect me to sit through interviews? But I did. And by the end of the day, I was placed. And as they said, “All is well that ends well.”

After placement impact
Truthfully speaking, the only feeling I got after getting placed in one company was relief. I didn’t feel happy about getting a job. I didn’t feel anything. Just relief. And yes, the confidence which I almost lost because of multiple rejections came back. I was confident to sit for more drives.
And that I did. I sat for more placement drives but this time without any kind of preparation. I didn’t revise anything I studied. It sounded justified to me. If I couldn’t learn something in three years, was it really possible to learn it in 1-2 days?
So, I got more job offers on basis of what I already knew. And that seems perfect for me. The only issue is I don’t know if I really want to do a job now. :P

Utilizing the free time
The biggest issue during campus recruitment is that the process kills a lot of time of students. I had to sit in college from 7 in the morning till 10 in the night. And I was literally free all the time except for 1 or 2 hours. So, I got plenty of time for myself.
And this time brought in lot of good things.

Meeting my virtual friends
So, there have been many people in my college whom I knew just through my blog. Rahul Jain. Sahil Sood. I never really got a chance to meet them but the free time I got during the campus placements time allowed me to interact with all the people whom I knew virtually. It was a surprise for me when I talked to random people and they knew what I do in field of internet business (blogging). And it felt awesome!

New plans
After some wonderful interactions with some wonderful people, I tried to pass my time while watching television shows and reading books. I happily completed three novels during in 1 month time. Reviews on Finix Post soon. : )
Now spending time with your own self is bliss. You get ideas and thoughts which you can never imagine. I got two brilliant ideas which I would definitely work on. One would be called TALK IT OUT! & other would be something related to mentoring new bloggers.
I need to put in lots of hard work in both of the projects. And time is one of the biggest investments I would need to make for these. I’m ready for that. All I need is your support. That saves me from the very deadly inferiority complex that I suffer through.

So, this is all I want to talk about in this post. 695 words are enough. Aren’t they?
And yes, catch me on my youtubechannel for more interaction. I am getting quite active over there. Tell me if you like it or not. :)



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts