The Time When I Won a Prize

Do you feel good when you win a prize for doing something?
Who doesn’t like to win prizes? I don’t think there would be anyone who wouldn’t like winning. It’s in human nature to feel good and proud when we win something and it feels really awesome when we get a prize.  Isn’t it? Today, I want to share a small incident of my teenage which is related to ‘winning prizes’.
Truthfully speaking, I have always considered myself very unlucky in terms of winning prizes. I remember a time when I was a child and I used to pray to God and ask him why he doesn’t make me win. Why do people get so many prizes and I don’t? It might sound funny but it was so. Really! The things which happened with me at that time, if it had happened with you, you would have also done the same.
Oh! That reminds me of that funny bunch of incidents which bring back the memories of my childhood. Sweet kind of jealousy, all time complaining to my parents and God… there are so many stupid things which I have done in my childhood. But during all these times, everything that was happening was a part of an experience - an experience which is now defining my adult life.
Many people ask me where I started it from. How did I come across blogging? Well, there are many incidents which led me to blogging. Some are big and some are too small to mention but all of them are equally significant in my life and so is this incident about ‘winning prizes’.
I had a habit of reading story books and children magazines. There are so many contests which are held by those magazines so as to inspire the children to write. The same kind of contests caught my attention and therefore, I started writing – just to win a prize.
But I was never successful until that day. The day when I was called by my mother and she told me that there was a parcel for me. I was surprised to see a parcel with my name on it in her hands. I really didn’t know where it came from. Initially, I did get into an argument with the delivery man for he insisted I ordered it and considering it as on order delivery, I thought he would ask me to pay some money. But after a series of arguments, what I concluded was it was just a parcel which was addressed to me and yep, no payment was required. That means I was getting it for free? Yippee.
As there was no reason left to say no, I accepted the parcel and saw that I have won a DVD of The Kite Runner for participating in a contest by The Teenager Magazine, my favorite magazine at that time.
And that was when I won first prize in a contest. And since then, I have always been trying to write better and better and hoping, I would win another prize some day. 
*Laughing*

Well, that was a funny incident from my life. I have too many to share but for today, this is all I have. I hope you liked reading it.
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda.

Also, don’t forget to check out my new start up – FINIX POST

Comments

  1. Congratulations - a nice prize too. Now that would've been truly a surprise. thanks for sharing and thanks for dropping by my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahha, yep it was a very nice prize. I actually read Kite Runner by Khaled Hossieni so that I could watch that movie. Because I prefer reading first and then watch the movie based on a particular book.
      And I loved your blog. It was a good time reading your posts. :)

      Delete
  2. Congos!! I can see from the way you have written that it is a heartfelt memory :) ......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is actually a memorable moment in my life for this is what became my inspiration for getting into writing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts