The day we got suspended because of a mass bunk


I know I shouldn’t be sharing this for the kind of matter it is but still, aren’t I supposed to share all my memorable moments on this blog?
So, it all started with a mass bunk.
What is a mass bunk?
Truthfully speaking, in my school i.e. D.C. Model School, Firozpur, I never heard of this word. ‘Bunk’ – I didn’t know what it was. But the day I entered college, I was introduced to a very nice word and a very cool activity called ‘Mass Bunk’. Mass Bunk in my words can be described as missing the lectures in college by the entire class. This has one benefit over individual bunks i.e. the attendance isn’t counted for the day of Mass Bunk and thus, we do not fear shortage of attendance and getting detained.
While our faculties, especially the chairman of our college is still unable to understand the reason behind mass bunks, I would like to tell my reasons –
1.       College is too boring.
2.       We do not get much benefit of sitting in class for there is nothing extra taught than the curriculum which can obviously be found in the referred books for the course. Thus, if we have to study by ourselves then why waste our time listening to the teacher. (Sorry teachers, if anyone of you is reading this). But yup, that’s the truth. You won’t spend something as important as time, on doing a work unless you find value in it.
3.       We are in the third year of our college. I assume we need to focus more on our career and placements than just mugging up the material written in the books.
Why we planned a mass bunk?
Does anyone need a reason for planning mass bunk? No. Right?
But still, if you want me to give reason – here it is, two teachers were on leave which means 4 lectures free. Then there was break. We attended 1 lecture. How can someone expect us to sit idle for 4 hours just for one more lecture?
And we were suspended..
All of this happened on September 30,2013. The next day i.e. October 1,2013,  as soon as we entered our block we read a very ‘well written’ notice informing us that our class has been suspended. We all were sitting in our class even then and talking about how we were feeling. Most of us were happy for this is the first time we have been suspended. A few of the studious children were sad and worried for they were suspended and I was – well I belonged to the first category.
We were asked to leave the block very soon by the head of our department. And thus began the ‘sorry’ thing. A few of the worried people were saying ‘sorry, we won’t repeat it again’ as if they actually meant it and as if the H.O.D would actually believe it. What was I doing? Well, I was happy that whole class is present and had a very good idea in my mind. The idea was to go to Thunderzone which is a very nice water park near our college and considering, I had never visited it, I wanted to go there. A few of the students actually agreed with me.
But then, my class… they were feeling too bad for being suspended. By this time we were out of our block. And it was a nice weather outside so decided to camp outside our block only. 10 am to 3 pm – we camped there only having fun, chatting and eating. It was a good day in fact. :P



THE DAY WE GOT SUSPENDED… 

Comments

  1. yea... so you can't bunk today and tommorow now!! I'd say thats not a good outcome... even E+F IT has to stay because of you people!
    #notCOOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep that's true. and why are you feeling so bad about E+F

      Delete
    2. bad? r u kidding me?! I'm really happy that for once, its IT thats in the class while CSE is on Bunk! xD

      Delete
  2. Nice description of that bunk..........i am loving it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts